Airport close, base camp Costa Rica
Taking care of your tropical adventure . . . welcome to Costa Rica where the national "hello" and "good-bye" is "Pura Vida!" The Pura Vida Hotel is simply a place we'd like to stay. We are the best option for arrivals or departures near SJO airport - #1 on Tripadvisor and Booking.com.
- FROMMER'S GUIDE: ". . . private casitas (“little houses”) are spread around a spacious compound and lush gardens . . . Nhi is an amazing chef specializing in Asian cuisine, but her dinner menus range far and wide to almost universal acclaim."
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELER: "Lush gardens"
- SLEEPING WITH THE TOUCANS - 100 Great Places to Stay in Costa Rica: "Our stopover of choice"
- A FODOR'S CHOICE HOTEL: "Highly recommended."
- MOON HANDBOOK: "The best place, highly recommended"
- NEW KEY TO COSTA RICA: Ecotourism green rated hotel listed here
- "Better than my Castle and free Wi-Fi! Gee willikers!" Franz Kafka (1883-1924)
- From a guest review ". . . the best dinners we could have imagined . . . creativity and aesthetic presentation" Sharon, California on TripAdvisor.
- "Here (Costa Rica) I hoped to have the leisure to mature my thoughts on these baffling problems." Alexander F. Skutch, A Naturalist in Costa Rica written around 1940 (one of the greatest naturalists to adopt Costa Rica).
Reservations restricted to those with a sense of humor or accompanied by one. One free airport taxi service for international arrivals. Late model car rentals/4WD delivered to your breakfast table in a partnership with Toyota . . .
We wonder if it may be time to explore your options for retirement or the future . . . it's Costa Rica or Canada eh? . . . start your exploration with one of our private drivers or a rentacar and our advice on places we enjoy. Ask us for ideas - we are happy to help, Berni & Nhi