Taking care of your Tropical Adventure . . . free International airport taxi pickup
Welcome to Costa Rica where the national "hello" and "good-bye" is "Pura Vida!" The Pura Vida is simply a place we'd like to stay. But first a few words from our guests and expert travelers and a little video from our locally active Poas volcano:
CHOOSE A "HOTEL" OR CHOOSE THE PURA VIDA?:
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELER: "Lush gardens"
- SLEEPING WITH THE TOUCANS - 100 Great Places to Stay in Costa Rica: "Our stopover of choice."
- A FODOR'S CHOICE HOTEL: "Highly recommended."
- MOON HANDBOOK: "The best place, highly recommended"
- NEW KEY TO COSTA RICA: Ecotourism green rated hotel listed here
- "Friendly, clean,comfortable, tasty - it really is!", Viv in Calif (being my sister she has known good taste :-))
- "Better than my Castle and free Wi-Fi! Gee willikers!" Franz Kafka (1883-1924)
- ". . . the best dinners we could have imagined . . . creativity and aesthetic presentation reminded us of Alice Waters' renowned Berkeley restaurant Chez Panisse," Sharon, California on TripAdvisor October 2013
- "Thank you - and in my best (Costa Rican) - Pura Vida!" - end of US President Obama's speech visiting Costa Rica May 3rd 2013 no doubt pondering why he stayed at the Intercontinental when we are a lot closer to the airport and they don't cook Bánh xèo :-))
- Reservations restricted to those with a sense of humor or accompanied by one
DEALS & STUFF WE LIKE:
- PROCRASTINATOR's SPECIAL: last minute bookings for occupation in NEXT 5 days, $85 any Casita double occupancy includes our excellent breakfast and airport taxi service for international arrivals.
- CELEBRATING AN ANNIVERSARY, HONEYMOON, BIRTHDAY? Remind us and we will do something.
- Nice little helicopter video on Costa Rica: ask us how to find these places
- COSTA RICA #1 AGAIN - The TED Video: happy and sustainable
- POAS VOLCANO has gone active! 45 minutes from the Pura Vida Hotel - Check the Poas gone active video - also see POAS under "Activities & Tours" menu above. This is one of the few volcanoes with an observation deck looking into an active crater. This photo from OVSICORI is of Poas Volcano mini eruption Feb 14th 2014:
However . . . this baby was followed by a 350 meter (over 1000 feet) explosion on Feb 25th 2014 . . .
And here's a recent aerial GIF from OVSICORI again (Observatorio Vulcanológico y Sismológico de Costa Rica/Federico Chavarría Kopper) . . .
Ask us to book a day trip to Poas Volcano and La Paz Waterfall Gardens is $130 for a naturalist guide and van plus entrance fees. Click on buttons above for RESERVATIONS or CONTACT US or CHAT below or just email or phone us if you have ANY questions about traveling in Costa Rica.
"Here I hoped to have the leisure to mature my thoughts on these baffling problems."Alexander F. Skutch, A Naturalist in Costa Rica written around 1940The Pura Vida Hotel, Alajuela, Costa RicaMinutes from the SJO International AirportPhone: +506-2430-2929 Emergency: +506-8878-3899Email: email@example.com